In certain situations, you may need to utilize Microsoft Excel with TestArchitect test modules. For example, you may want to show a test module to someone that does not have TestArchitect. An ideal approach to this problem would be to send the user a copy of the test module in Excel format. Another situation would be if you are working on a machine that does not have TestArchitect installed. An ideal approach for this situation would be to export your existing test module in a format that would be modifiable by Excel.
It is possible to export a test module as a .csv file:
1. Right-click the test module you want to export, and navigate to Export…→ to CSV file
2. Select the location you want to export the CSV file to, and click OK.
3. A window will appear confirming the exporting is complete.
4. You can then open up the CSV file to see your test module exported into an Excel-friendly format.
It is also possible to import CSV files into TestArchitect. This allows you to create and/or modify test modules outside of the TestArchitect console.
1. Set up a test module in Excel.
2. Save the file as a .csv file.
3. In TestArchitect, right click “Tests” and navigate to Import…→Import from files…
4. Select your CSV file.
5. A window will appear when the importing process is complete.
6. Your test will now appear in TestArchitect.