For convenient user to set “default” TA properties that should be selected every time an interface element is mapped in Interface Viewer. How to support this feature?
Now, Test Architect cannot set “default” TA properties that should be selected every time an interface element is mapped in Interface Viewer automatically. However, the request can be done by modifying the properties definition files by hand as below:
Let follow the sample for more details:
- We have the “Music Player Application” program.
- Requirement: The user want to set “tooltip” properties is default in TA properties for “button” controls that are selected every time an interface element is mapped in Interface Viewer.
1. Open the application and launch Interface Viewer to capture “button” class controls. Originally, the selected default value is “caption” property.
2. Find the unique properties (ex: tooltip) for each button controls on the Native Properties tab.
3. Edit file” wpfinf.dat” by hand and find it at the location: C:\Program Files\LogiGear\TestArchitect\wpfinf.dat
4. Modify the script like that:
NOTE: The “unique identifier” of a control is calculated based on the control’s properties. For ex: “capture=tooltip=1; capture=caption=2” means the priority level of the tooltip property is higher than the caption property in calculator unique identifier of the control.
a. If properties of the specific TA class cannot identify the control, TA will use the general properties
b. TA combines 2, 3, and so forth properties to identify controls if a single property cannot do the job
c. If all combinations don’t work, TA uses it last resort: global pos
5. Saving this file, then take off the ”Music Player Application”, Viewer and reopen them.